- 1. What assortment choices and flavors do you offer?
Our Gourmet Rugulach is available in the flavors below. All 21 flavors available by 5 lb. bulk or also available in Standard Rugulach Assortment1 (Includes: Cinnamon Walnut, Chocolate, Raspberry & Apricot Currant)
Special Rugulach Assortment2 (Includes: Cinnamon Walnut, Chocolate, Raspberry, Apricot Currant & Double Chocolate-Raspberry) is a select group of popular flavors available in 10 / 20 / 40 / 72 piece packages.
Apple Raisin Cherry Double Chocolate-Cherry Lemon Apricot Currant1,2 Chocolate1,2 Double Chocolate-Chocolate Pineapple Blackberry Cinnamon Walnut1,2 Double Chocolate-Orange Poppy seed Blueberry Cranberry Apple Double Chocolate-Raspberry2 Raspberry1,2 Boysenberry Date Double Chocolate-Strawberry Strawberry Cappuccino
Our Hamentashen is available in the following flavors below. All 7 flavors available in 40-piece bulk or also available in Standard Hamentashen Assortment3 (Includes: Raspberry, Apricot, Strawberry & Cherry)
Apricot3 Cherry3 Chocolate-Apricot Chocolate-Raspberry Lemon Raspberry3 Strawberry3
- 2. What are the nutrition facts and ingredients?
- For a complete listing of nutrition details, click here.
- 3. Do you use organic and/or all natural ingredients?
What about preservatives, high-fructose corn syrup, or artificial colors/flavors?
- Only the finest ingredients are used in our gourmet Rugulach and Hamentashen. You won’t find anything artificial in our products: no preservatives, no high-fructose corn syrup, no fillers, no additives, no artificial flavors or colors. Only the best and freshest ingredients are good enough for Chewys.
- 4. What other ways do you ensure the healthiest quality in your baked goods?
- Dairy from cows not treated with the Growth Hormone rbST
- Certified Kosher Dairy by the Orthodox Union
- Ingredients and processes conform to the highest USDA Standards
- 5. How are your pastries handmade?
- We take great pride in our hand-made delicacies. For rugulach, our rich pastry dough ingredients are manually loaded into a large mixer, then sheeted for highest quality (never extruded). After chilling the dough, it is placed on a rolling station table, where a worker cuts it into proper width by hand, using a knife and measuring stick. The worker then adds the various filling ingredients, spreading them onto the dough in even layers. The pastry is then cut and rolled by hand, a labor-intensive process requiring dexterity and hand-eye coordination. For hamentashen, after the dough is pressed out, each one is individually checked and finished by hand.
- 6. How long does it take for delivery?
We bake and ship to order. Products are baked and packaged within 24 hours for maximum freshness. You may then choose standard shipping, 3-day shipping, or 2-day shipping. Receiving the product could take up to five business days from ship date, depending on your location. (For next-day shipping, please call Chewys for assistance.)
Monday-Wednesday: Orders placed before noon ship same day; orders placed after 12:00 noon ship next day. Thursday-Sunday: Orders placed on these days will ship on Mondays. (Products are baked the same day they are shipped no matter what day it is ordered.)
- 7. What is the cost for shipping and tax?
- Shipping and tax is included in the item price. See our “Buy” page for specific price of any product.
- 8. How long is the shelf life?
- Shelf life is 14 days (covered) at average room temperature; 30 days if refrigerated; may also be frozen for up to six months.
- 9. How many pieces in 1 lb.?
- There are 14-16 rugulach pieces in one pound. Because they are hand-made, and sold by weight, the quantity may vary slightly. If you order five pounds, you will receive a full five pounds of goodness, regardless of specific quantity. (Hamentashen is sold by the piece, not the weight.)
- 10. What quantities can I buy in larger orders?
- Our products can be purchased in bulk boxes, by the case, or by Master Case. See our “Buy” page for specific quantities.
- 11. Can I buy flavors by the piece for wedding and party favors?
- Yes, we offer our products individually wrapped. Please call for information and pricing.
- 12. Where can I find Chewys products locally?
- Click on the link at top to view local availability: “Buy Chewys in Your Neighborhood”.
- 13. What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept Visa and MasterCard.